IMPORTANT NOTICE: The following Terms of Service apply only to "remote services", which means that Cartier Consulting performs technology services for you over the telephone or via the Internet.
Terms and Conditions – REMOTE SERVICES
- General Services: Cartier Consulting (hereinafter referred to as Cartier Consulting) will attempt to diagnose your technology problem, provide you with an estimate of applicable service fees (plus applicable taxes), and then provide you with a technology solution over the telephone or via the Internet. Occasionally, cases do arise where problem diagnosis and support may not or can not be completed because of a problem with your computer or its configuration that is beyond our control.
- Remote Support Services: Remote support services may be offered to you over the telephone or via the Internet if your PC was built within the last four years, you have a working cable or DSL high speed Internet connection, and your operating system is Microsoft Windows XP or newer. If you choose to receive remote support, then Cartier Consulting may remotely log on through your high-speed Internet connection to view your computer desktop. Cartier Consulting will maintain contact with you to keep you informed during every step of the process as your technology problem is resolved. Remote support may involve the installation of software on your computer that will allow Cartier Consulting to provide the remote support services. By electing to receive remote support, you agree to allow Cartier Consulting to use whatever tools deemed necessary to repair your computer, including remote access. You understand that if remote access is used on your computer you may opt to keep or remove the software from the remote session; however, there may be a text file placed on your computer that will explain the work that was done on your computer. If such a text file is placed on your computer, you may either save the file for future reference or delete it from your computer.
- Your Responsibility: You understand and agree that prior to contacting or allowing Cartier Consulting to perform diagnostic repair or other services on your computer, it is your responsibility to back-up the data, software, information or other files stored on your computer disks and/or drives. You acknowledge and agree that Cartier Consulting shall not be responsible under any circumstance for any loss or corruption of data and/or software.
SERVICE LIMITATIONS; LIABILITY
- LIMITATIONS TO SERVICE: CARTIER CONSULTING RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REFRAIN FROM PROVIDING ANY OR ALL REQUESTED REMOTE SERVICES AND INSTEAD REFUND YOUR PAYMENT, WHOLLY OR IN PART, ON THE BASIS THAT YOUR TECHNICAL NEEDS OR OTHER REQUIREMENTS ARE UNUSUAL OR EXTENSIVE AND BEYOND THE SCOPE OF THIS SERVICE AGREEMENT AS REASONABLY DETERMINED BY CARTIER CONSULTING.
- FORCE MAJEURE: If Cartier Consulting’s ability to render remote services is impaired by you or circumstances beyond the control of Cartier Consulting, Cartier Consulting may choose not to provide or to discontinue remote services.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: To the extent permitted by law, you agree that Cartier Consulting’s total liability for damages related to its remote services is limited to the total amount you pay for the remote services, and you release Cartier Consulting from liability for any indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages. CARTIER CONSULTING IS NOT LIABLE FOR LOSS, ALTERATION, OR CORRUPTION OF ANY DATA OR FOR YOUR INABILITY TO USE YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR OTHER PRODUCT.
If you are not satisfied with remote services received from Cartier Consulting, please contact us for a resolution. If you have contracted with us to receive services, you will receive a contact telephone number by which you may also contact us. We warrant our remote services for 30 days following the date you received remote service; however, for repairs necessitated by a virus or spyware, the service warranty is valid only if the anti-virus and anti-spyware protection for your product is installed or updated during the repair or promptly thereafter (i.e., before you connect again to the Internet). If there is a problem with the service provided by Cartier Consulting and if you notify us within the warranty period, we will work to remedy your problem quickly and at no additional cost.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The following terms of service apply to services (“Pay for Support” and “In-Home Service”) ordered from Cartier Consulting by telephone or via the Internet.
Terms and Conditions – PAY FOR SUPPORT
- Services: Cartier Consulting will attempt to diagnose and solve problems over the telephone for an applicable fee. In certain cases, however, this may not be possible because of problems with your computer or its configuration that are beyond our control.
- User Responsibility: You understand and agree that before Cartier Consulting performs diagnostic repair on your computer, it is your responsibility to back up the data, software, information, or other files stored on your computer disks and/or drives. You acknowledge and agree that Cartier Consulting shall not be responsible under any circumstance for any loss or corruption of data and/or software.
Terms and Conditions – IN-HOME COMPUTER SERVICE
Our standard service hours are Monday to Friday 5 P.M. to 9 P.M., Saturday 9 A.M. to 6 P.M. Other times may be arranged as mutually agreed. Additional charges may apply for rapid response or service outside of standard hours.
Cartier Consulting sets the Service Jurisdiction If a location lies beyond Cartier Consulting’s standard Service Jurisdiction (typically 10 miles), additional travel charges may apply. To determine if your location is within a Cartier Consulting standard Service Jurisdiction, contact us for information and applicable travel charges.
These are available only to customers who have already purchased one on-site service and must be one of the following: software installation, software service, memory installation, sound/video card installation, network card installation, modem installation, CD/DVD-RW installation, or CD/DVD-ROM installation.
For on-site services, a person at least 18 years of age must be present during the entire time period services are provided. If no adult is present when a Cartier Consulting agent arrives, services will be denied and a $99 cancellation charge will be assessed.
It is your responsibility to back up all software and data on your computer’s hard drive(s) and/or any other storage devices before the Cartier Consulting agent arrives. Cartier Consulting and/or its third-party service provider shall not be responsible at any time for any loss, alteration, or corruption of any software, data, or files.
MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS (wireless home networking only):
- At least 10MB free hard disk space and 32 MB RAM on each computer
- Operating system and/or ISP passwords must be available
- Microsoft Windows 98 SE operating system or later
- Operating system discs and key codes must be available
- All computers and/or peripherals must be in good working order and spyware free
- Broadband services, if any, must be installed and operational before service, including modem connections. DirecPC™ and DirecWay™ broadband are not covered by Cartier Consulting services.
- For narrowband (dialup) networking, Cartier Consulting will connect only to MSN or EarthLink.
The Cartier Consulting Agent must have:
- Access to your residence or business and the computer(s) and/or peripheral(s) to be serviced
- Your consent and cooperation to enter your residence or business
- A safe working environment, work space, and
- Electrical power.
If the Cartier Consulting Agent determines that these conditions have not been met, services will be denied and a $99 cancellation charge assessed.
IN-HOME HOME THEATER SERVICES
Cartier Consulting will provide an estimate to you prior to performing work that requires an additional charge. Additional charges, fees and expenses may apply if your location is outside our installation coverage area. Payments for additional charges: C.O.D. payable by personal check.
For the best results, we recommend scheduling installation of cable or satellite prior to the arrival of your home theater installer, so that Cartier Consulting can ensure proper integration with your whole system.
Cartier Consulting will not be held responsible for moving any furniture or valuables. Cartier Consulting will not, under any circumstances, move, alter or install electrical outlets. It is recommended to have necessary electrical work performed prior to installation service.
Someone at least 18 years of age must be present at all times on the day of installation to approve all work completed.
Installations do not include any parts or accessories (for example, wire, cable, speaker mounts or similar parts), except as specifically set forth on the detail page for the applicable installation service.
LATH & PLASTER
Cartier Consulting cannot warrant that installations involving lath and plaster walls will not result in cracks on the wall. Cartier Consulting will do everything in our power to eliminate the possibility, but due to the nature of that type of construction, Cartier Consulting will not be responsible for any resulting damage to your wall.
EVERY INSTALLATION INCLUDES:
- A pre-installation survey upon arrival at home.
- Connection of your newly purchased components in one (1) room, using exposed wire connections.
- Integration of your newly purchased component(s) into your existing and working system.
- When audio or video components are installed, we will program the remote controls for those components. Please note that separately purchased remote controls (like a HarmonyÂ® or Universal) can be programmed with the purchase of 1 of our remote programming offers.
- Neatly dressed wires and cables using wire ties when necessary.
- A brief educational demonstration of the newly purchased components which the installer has connected.
- Cleanup of wire clippings, drywall dust, or any other debris caused by installation.
- Note regarding wire/cable concealment: Locations that involve inadequate access for standard wall fishing to the wall where the wire is to be hidden, or the wire is to be hidden in a wall that contains insulation, vapor barriers, or any other obstructions, wire may be concealed by installer-provided paintable or matching track molding (which may require a return visit). Installer will finish wall fished cable exit points with a bushing, plate or spackle. We will spackle any area where access holes were created in the walls. The customer shall be responsible for any repainting.
- A 1-year limited warranty on all labor included with professional installation services. Cartier Consulting’s professional installer will correct any material defects in the workmanship of the installation services you purchased if reported to Cartier Consulting within 1 year of the date services were completed. This limited warranty does not include any warranty on parts or equipment.
PAY-FOR-SUPPORT AND IN-HOME SERVICE TERMS
Cartier Consulting and/or its third-party service providers reserve the right to refrain from providing any or all services ordered and refund the customer’s payment, wholly or in part, if minimum system requirements are not met or if technical conditions (such as wiring difficulties or physical barriers) or customer requirements are unusual, extensive, or beyond the scope of this service agreement as reasonably determined by Best Buy and/or its third-party service provider.
If Cartier Consulting and/or its third-party service provider’s ability to render services is impaired by circumstances beyond the control of Cartier Consulting and/or its third-party service provider, Cartier Consulting and/or its third-party service provider may choose not to provide services.
LIMITATION OF REMEDY
Under no circumstances shall Cartier Consulting and/or its third-party service provider be liable to you or any other person for any damages, including without limitation any indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, expenses costs, profits, lost savings or earnings, lost or corrupted data, or other liability arising out of or related to the services provided by Cartier Consulting and/or its third-party service provider or out of the installation, de-installation, use of, or inability to use your computer equipment, hardware, peripherals, or the network as a result of the services provided hereunder.
Cartier Consulting shall not be liable for any failure or delay in performance due to any cause beyond its control. If Cartier Consulting’s ability to render services is impaired by your failure to cooperate or circumstances beyond the control of Cartier Consulting, Cartier Consulting may choose not to provide services. Service may also be denied if dangerous or unhealthy conditions are present including possible code violations. For any un-installation services provided, Cartier Consulting shall not be responsible for repairing any damage or changes made to your residence.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY & RELEASE
By signing the form on the opposite side of this page, you agree to release and hold harmless Cartier Consulting and/or its third-party service provider from and against any loss, liability, or damage, including without limitation, any indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, expense, costs, profits, lost savings or earnings or liability that you, the owner, or lessee may suffer arising out of, or related to, the services provided by Cartier Consulting. This includes but is not limited to data loss or lack of function in any component or element of your computer system and/or peripherals, any changes or alterations to your residence (for example, changes to walls, baseboards, floors, etc.) as a result of Cartier Consulting and/or its third-party service provider’s agents, partners, and/or third-party service providers, regardless of the warranties, disclaimers, and waivers particular service and shall constitute liquidated damages and are a reasonable estimate of damages to you. Some states do not allow limitations or release of certain damages or liability, so the above limitation of liability and release may not apply to you.
CHANGES, CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
To change your order: You must contact Cartier Consulting. At the time of order or contract signing, you may be provided with a telephone number for this purpose as well.
To cancel your order: You must contact Cartier Consulting at least 2 hours prior to the scheduled service. The payment amount will be fully refunded in the manner the purchase was paid.
If you are not satisfied with your service: Call us using the number on our Contact Us page for resolution. We stand behind our Pay-for-Support services for 5 days. We stand behind our In-Home Service for 30 days. If there is a problem with the service we provided and you notify us within the allotted time period, we will work to remedy the problem quickly and at no additional cost.
LAST UPDATED: Tuesday, 11 December 2012