If you are buying a new computer, there are a lot of things to set up and configure. There are software registrations, operating sstem updates, anti-virus and anti-malware updates, and several other tasks to perform that can be daunting, confusing or challenging.
Your old computer probably has information on it and programs that you either need or want to use on a new computer. If you have the installation media, we can help get your program up and running on a new computer *. This package also includes transferring up to 8.4 GB of your data from your old computer to backup media or another location.
Cartier Consulting offers the following on-site Computer Set-Up service package for $129:
- Set up one physical PC or Mac computer system, which includes the computer, monitor, keyboard, mouse
- Professionally organize wires and cables with your cable ties (ties are not included)
- Installation of one new software application or game (software is not included)
- Installation and set-up of one peripheral or external device such as a printer, external hard drive, scanner, etc. (device not included)
- Set up your new computer to access the Internet using your existing Internet account
- Set up your new computer to access one existing e-mail account
- Verify that computer hardware and software is functioning properly
- Archive or transfer your existing computer (up to 8.4GB) to another device or medium such as CDs or DVDs, an internal or external hard drive, a network-attached storage or another computer and import the data into an installed program or location
Additional features may be requested at the time of service, and will be billed at our normal hourly rate. See our Rates page for current rates.
* Software package not included. Operating system compatibility is not guaranteed and is subject to verification.