There are a lot of viruses, adware, spyware and malware circulating on the Internet. You can get infected just by visiting a malicious web site.
If you get infected with malware, how do you know? Maybe you notice your computer is slow to load files, or your Internet speed is not as fast as it used to be, or you can’t open your email or web browser, or maybe even your mouse cursor is skipping or freezing on the screen…
One way to check is to use some free online tools. See the Tools sidebar widget to the right for links to free online Virus and Spyware scanners.
We can clean up virus and malware infections for you. Cartier Consulting offers the following package of Virus & Malware Removal services for a cost of $99 *:
- Scan and troubleshoot a single computer for problems
- Remove any and all identified viruses, spyware, malware and rootkits
- Troubleshoot any startup issues, driver issues or blue screen errors
- Optimize system settings and verify operating system is functioning properly
- Download and apply any critical operating system updates
- Recommend appropriate hardware repairs or upgrades and provide a quotation for such work
For an additional $59, we will archive up to 8GB of your data to external hard drive, DVD disc or flash drive (storage device or media is not included).
We will work with you if you wish to provide your own DVD, flash drive or external hard drive for data backup purposes.
Additional features may be requested at the time of service, and will be billed at our normal hourly rate. See our Rates page for current rates.
* Price includes pickup/drop-off of computer equipment within a 10 mile radius. Extra charges of $0.50 per milemay apply for distances beyond this.