It is not uncommon to have some old VHS or even Hi-8 tapes packed away in a box somewhere, but if and when you decide to dust them off, will they still be playable?
With the advent of DVD video, VHS video players have become a dying breed. You may not be able to find a player when you need one, or the tape quality may be greatly reduced due to degradation that occurs over time.
Maybe you want to be able to show your children some priceless video someday, or be able to show some entertaining video clips from the past at someone’s 30th, 40th, or 50th birthday party, etc.
For a flat rate of $39 per VHS tape *, Cartier Consulting offers an Video Conversion service package that includes the following items:
- Convert your VHS Video to one digital format (MPEG, AVI, etc.)
- Place all your converted video on Data DVDs for playback on a computer that reads these files **
If you want a finished DVD product that you can play in your DVD player you can add the following services for an additional $29 per VHS tape:
- Divide your converted digital video into chapters
- Create a menu screen and chapter titles
- Transfer your converted video to a single DVD+/-R movie disc (disc is included) ***
Additional features may be requested at the time of service, and will be billed at our normal hourly rate. See our Rates page for current rates, or Contact Us with any questions or for more information.
* 2 VHS tape minimum, based on 2-hour, SP-formatted VHS tapes. Longer play times (LP and EP) may be priced higher.
** There is no guarantee of compatibility with any particular computer system. Configurations vary, and the necessary software must be available on the computer to decode certain types of video.
*** DVD Player compatibility varies and is not guaranteed. Your DVD player must be able to read and play DVD-R or DVD+R (depending on format used). Most modern players as well as computers support both types.